SUNFLOWER SEED BLACK OIL 25 LB BAG
Black Oil Sunflower Seed is an oil-rich, high-protein choice that appeals to almost every seed eating species, especially smaller birds like finches and chickadees.
- Attracts chickadees, cardinals, finches, juncos, nuthatches, &: towhees
- Also attracts woodpeckers, titmice, house finches, juncos, and pine siskins
It is wonderful to feed birds year-round and should be a staple item for bird lovers
Use it to bring an array of birds to your yard so you can enjoy the beauty.
Also beneficial for horses – Black Oil Sunflower Seeds contain 2500 calories per pound, so if there is a horse that needs to gain weight fast adding this to their feed will make it happen fast.
- Black Oil Sunflower seeds are valued for their oil content, which accounts for about 50% of the seed dry weight
- Sunflower protein is less rich in the amino acid lysine than soybean protein but it does have a relatively high amount of the other two important amino acids cystine and methionine
- The number one reason to feed Black Oil Sunflower Seed is better coat condition. The coat improves because of the high oil (fat) content. It could also be because of the high level of omega-6 fatty acids.
For picky equine eaters start with small amounts and slowly increase until you reach the amount you want to feed.
Small amounts can be used to improve coat condition without the weight gain.