9513 N. Nebraska Avenue
1 Ticket to the Chickens for Beginners class on 5/11/2019, 10 am.
In this class we will cover:
- Benefits of Owning Chickens
- Chicken Breeds, Sizes, & Egg Colors
- Coop and Space Requirements
- Local Laws and Ordinances
- Brooders for Baby Chicks
- Chicken Nutritional Requirements from Hatch to Start of Laying
- Daily and Weekly Chicken Responsibilities
- Vaccinations and Chicken Care
- Protecting Your Flock
…and much more!
This class is aimed at beginners – those who have never had chickens, or are just starting out in their chicken ownership adventure. It’s a good way to figure out if you really want to have the responsibility of caring for a flock before you invest…and if you’ve already begun owning chickens, it’s a wonderful class for learning the ropes as you go.
We are happy to have guest speaker and local author Kenny Coogan of Critter Companions co-presenting this class!